Monday, October 17, 2011

Colour Crime

In progress:

Been a while since I posted stuff here which would mean one of two things; Either I am very busy and can't post or there is nothing to post....and I would like to assure you it is NOT the latter. I actually have been busy and am in the final stages of this project which is setting up the Paper-to-Wall grid work. Since all this pencil work will need to be transfered from A4 piece of paper to a large wall space, there needs to be accuracy in order to make sure what is on paper is on the wall with no proportion mistakes.

Next on the list, once grid work is done, will be the colour issue. Most interesting about my artwork (which you will see immediately once all image posts are uploaded) is that I work well in shades of black and white. In short, I don't use colour....at all. BIG Problem. Big problem especially since this final Noah's Ark image will be in a children's nursery and therefore colour is Imperative. Imperative. I have three solutions for this:


  1. I Google "Tips for colouring in for kids" and get all the basics. Then attempt to apply what I learned (which may take multiple draft works) until I have a somewhat decent colour scheme for the final work and then rely on my Partner-In-Crime from Germany to fill in the gaps :)
  2. or I rely fully on my Partner-In-Crime from Germany to do the colour work and I assist where I can
  3. or I actually take up a colour study course (not detailed but similar to first option) and apply that as well as rely on my Partner-In-Crime from Germany to help me out so that its a joint effort and we both get to learn from this.
Well actually the only option I was going to take was option 3 but I thought you might like to know how option 3 came about in the first place and what the backups would be haha. Either way, I've been looking to do a colour study for a while now and this is really a great opportunity to stop procrastinating and do it. No more just pencil/black+white/shades of grey work but time to add some colour into my work.

What will be most interesting is me working with paint. I can handle pencil crayons as I work well with pencil. I can handle pastel since I worked with pastels during school years studying art. Paint, however, has been a medium I've been completely avoiding as I am not good at it. This will be a real test, but one I look forward to. 

Either way, I look to the LORD, my LORD for strength.

Proverbs 16:3 - Commit your works to the Lord and your plans will be established

No comments:

Post a Comment