Monday, February 13, 2012

A Scribe - Gt Works Concordance


It seems that these days I find my time writing rather than drawing. The last few posts I've made have been on my writing blog  ascribetodescribe.wordpress.com rather than here but I still need to update this blog so that its not just sitting here collecting virtual dust. So this morning I was thinking about combining my written works with my artworks so that there is a correlation between my two blogs.

Boy Android - 2006

One of my recent written works that I have been putting on hold for a long time now, was based on...well on multiple sources of motivation, one of which is this drawing I made back in 2006 (wow 6 years!).


Although back then it was more of an idea, it's one that has been developing over time and one that I keep turning back to. I see this theme running with a lot of other artists of all classes from amateur artists and writers (like myself hehe) to the big guys in the movie and game industry. We have movies, books and TV Series like Terminator, Astro Boy and Deus Ex as examples of the big industry guys playing with the half-human half-robot theme as you can see here:



The idea of the half human-half robot or the Android, as is more popularly known (and is the correct terminology for such a being), is an idea that has been around for ages and so the problem when writing (even drawing) anything in that regard is the age old question: How can mine be different?


Well first I had to improve on my original idea so that the character looked more human rather than a cartoon and the final result was this new drawing below.



With a more realistic/human image of my protagonist (ignoring the intricately woven wires on the left side of his face hehe), the next step is to look at my previously written draft and see how it can be improved and made very different from the usual Android storylines. 

I'll be keeping you updated as I progress!



All images courtesy of: hollywoodsleeper.blogspot.com/2011/04/arnold-schwarzenegger-returns-in.html

http://www.thefancarpet.com/FilmGalleryPicture.aspx?mg_id=15505&m_id=1470
http://angryjoeshow.com/category/news-2/page/8/
http://www.coolest-gadgets.com/20100209/astro-boy-electronic-action-figure/
http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Hell's_Flash

1 comment: